Helpful Websites & Tools
The following sites provide information, tools, and resources relevant to undergraduate researchers at MIT.
- Academic Calendar: official term start and end dates, registration deadlines, holidays, final exam periods, grade deadlines and more.
- CITI course in the Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR): a comprehensive basic course in RCR for faculty, undergraduate and graduate students, postdoctoral associates and fellows, research staff and administrators.
- Committee on the Use of Humans as Experimental Subjects (COUHES): reviews and approves ALL research involving human subjects that is performed under the auspices of MIT.
- Copyright at MIT: details, resources and helpful links.
- DSpace@MIT: growing collection of MIT’s research that includes peer-reviewed articles, technical reports, working papers, theses and more.
- Environment, Health & Safety: complete information on safety and more, including biosafety, chemical safety, laboratory safety.
- International Students Office (ISO): information, resources and support for International Students at MIT.
- MakerLodge: provides training to undergraduate makers - from shop safety to maker tech - as well as access to various Lodges on campus available to trained makers. Training sessions are regularly scheduled, so be sure to visit the MakerLodge site for details.
- MIT LIbraries: world-class research collections and information services, and are rich in both print and electronic formats.
- MIT Research pages: links to Institute research by topic, including import resources and relevant websites
- Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP): provides research administration support to the MIT community.
- Registrar: complete information on registering for classes, registration changes, grading, credit limits and more.
- Student Financial Services (SFS): from information on financial aid, to details on employment verification and things you need to address in order to get hired and paid for your undergraduate research or other MIT employment.
- Student Resources: website listing comprehensive resources available to MIT students, sortable by topic.
- Technology Licensing Office (TLO): assists MIT inventors with protecting and licensing technology.