DEAL: Discover Entrepreneurship and Leadership
Want to get involved with entrepreneurship at MIT? Have a crazy idea you just can't wait to launch? We did, and we created the Discover Entrepreneurship and Leadership Program (DEAL) to help bring out the entrepreneur in you, and get you ready to start and develop your own business.
Put together by more than ten upperclassmen entrepreneurs, DEAL is designed to bring together the entrepreneurially-minded students from the MIT Class of 2023 and introduce them to the resources available both at MIT and in Boston that we wish we had known about coming into MIT.
DEAL is an intensive five-day bootcamp that will force you to think like an entrepreneur and develop a rough business plan. You will meet amazing professionals (entrepreneur, venture capital, industry), current undergraduate entrepreneurs, curious upperclassmen, and possibly even your future business partners during this wild adventure. When you're not working on a business plan or developing an elevator pitch, you'll also have chances to explore and have fun in Boston, Cambridge, and MIT.
The finalized schedule will consist of events based on the preferences of the accepted applicants.
- Possible trips include, but are not limited to: Techstars, MassChallenge, Cambridge Innovation Center, Restar Ventures, Clean Energy Council, Boston Science Museum, and Venture Capital firms.
- Presented resources on campus include, but are not limited to: the Martin Trust Center for MIT Entrepreneurship, MIT $100K, Startlabs, Sloan, do.it@MIT, E-Club, Sloan Business Club, MIT Venture Mentoring Services, MIT Technology Licensing Office, and entrepreneurial classes.
- The FPOP will conclude with a networking event hosting venture capitalists, entrepreneurs, professors, and leaders on campus.
- Most meals and transportation will be provided.
- Dates: August 21 – August 25
- Place: First-year students will be housed in their assigned dormitory.
- Available Spaces: 24
- Cost: $95. The remaining costs will be covered by the Martin Trust Center for MIT Entrepreneurship.