DE: Discover Energy
Have you ever wanted to explore…
- a wind turbine up close?
- the Greater Boston energy community?
- Boston and Cambridge with people who are also interested in energy?
Then come join the Discover Energy FPOP!
Discover Energy is sponsored by the MIT Energy Initiative, the Institute’s hub for energy research, education, and outreach. Through these three avenues, we develop the technologies and solutions that will deliver clean, affordable, and plentiful sources of energy. Our mission is to create low- and no-carbon solutions that will efficiently and sustainably meet global energy needs while minimizing environmental impacts, dramatically reducing greenhouse gas emissions, and mitigating climate change.
Participating in DE FPOP will introduce you to some of the ways you can study energy here at MIT and build relationships with others who share your passion. Specifically, you will learn about the MITEI UROP (Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program) and the Energy Studies Minor, and meet students in the popular Energy Club.
What Will We Do?
Possible activities include:
- Plasma Science Fusion Center Tour
- Wind Testing Technology Facility Tour
- World Energy Game Simulation
- DC Motor Building Activity
- MIT Power Plant Tour
- Discussions with MIT faculty, staff, and students
- Dates: Wednesday, August 22 – Sunday, August 26, 2018
- Place: First year students will be housed in their assigned dormitory.
- Available Spaces: 20
- Cost: $50. The cost includes all meals, local transportation, and materials; the MIT Energy Initiative will cover the remaining balance.