UROP Student Profiles
UROP students make significant contributions to research at MIT. Links to recent news articles and video profiles highlighting UROP students and their research follow below.
UROP in the News
- MIT Energy Initiative: "You don’t learn this in class”: Students in the MIT Energy Initiative Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program build professional skills" and "Engrained in the culture": Undergraduate energy education at five years
- Civil & Environmental Engineering: With The Herman Project, home bakers become citizen scientists
- Engineering: Monitor detects dangerously low white blood cell levels
- Civil & Environmental Engineering: Cities of the future may be built with locally available volcanic ash
- Brain and Cognitive Sciences: Decoding human cognition- MIT senior and Marshall Scholar Liang Zhou wants to elucidate the neural basis for our thoughts and intuitions
- SHASS: Seeking the stories behind the data - MIT Senior Olivia Zhao will study economics as a Marshall Scholar.
- Biology: New player in cellular signaling
- Physics: Bridging the science-policy divide
- Chemistry: Research by MIT undergrad helps crack chemical mystery
- D-Lab: Seeing solutions through, across continents
- School of Engineering: Supercharging undergraduate research
- Nuclear Science & Engineering: Amelia Trainer: Structuring improved simulations for reactor physics and Energy UROP: The intersection of research experience and real-world solutions
- Civil & Environmental Engineering: Opening research labs to freshmen fosters innovation and community
- Biological Engineering: Undaunted by the unknown -Senior Katie Bodner thrives in synthetic biology, where guidelines are just being established.
- Biology: Elliot Akama-Garren named Rhodes Scholar
- 8 of the "14 Incredibly Impressive Students At MIT" profiled by in Business Insider by MELISSA STANGER AND MELIA ROBINSON on DEC. 8, 2014, are/have been UROP participants
- Political Science: Undergrads get hands-on with diverse research projects
- Alum News: Lorna Ogolla Omondi wins Gates Cambridge Scholarship
- Nuclear Science & Engineering:
Please see the MIT News Office site, for a more comprehensive list of recent news articles featuring UROP@MIT.
Videos profiles on the outstanding contributions of recent UROP students follow via the links below. Explore these videos to learn about the exciting research projects our students conduct. Read more about the UROP video project in the MIT News article - Faces of UROP.