Countdown to Campus
Before you arrive on campus for Orientation, there are a number of items you must attend to over the summer. Use the Critical Actions and Deadlines page as a checklist.
The steps below describe critical activities that must be performed by specified deadlines before you arrive for Orientation. There are the first key steps you must take as a new MIT student.
- Create your Kerberos ID, obtain Web Certificates, set-up Duo
- Enter Housing Lottery/Explore Campus Dining
- Register/Take FEE
- Explore and rank your First Year Advising preferences, and Investigate your Academic Options to start planning for your fall classes
- Apply for Pre-Orientation Programs (FPOPs)
- Submit your MIT ID photo
- Document AP/IB/Transfer credit
- Complete modules – Alcohol Edu, Haven, Kognito, and Transitioning to MIT
- Submit your Orientation Registration form & download the mobile schedule (download the Guidebook app and then search for "MIT Orientation 2019")
- File your Emergency Contact, Final Transcript, Medical Report