Wellesley College Student UROP Application Checklist
Wellesley College students must cross-register for each term in which their UROPs take place. Please follow the steps below to cross-register for UROP and submit your online UROP application by the MIT deadline. The Wellesley College credit registration deadline does not apply to credit UROP projects at MIT.
- Decide with your faculty supervisor whether the UROP is to undertaken for pay, credit, or as a volunteer and discuss pay rate, grading, and unit totals as applicable for your UROP type. NOTE: Wellesley Students are not eligible for UROP Direct Funding, so if you are interested in paid UROP, you must be funded by your faculty supervisor.
- Complete the MIT-Wellesley cross-registration form and the MIT Registrar's Office Non-Institute Biographic Form (PDF form) and bring printed copies of each form to submit at MIT.
- Bring your MIT-Wellesley cross-registration form and MIT Registrar forms to UROP staff in MIT 7-104, for verification and signature at least two weeks prior to posted UROP application deadline for the term to allow time for processing.
- Submit completed Cross-Registration and Biographic Forms to the MIT Registrar in 5-117. Allow 2-3 business days to MIT to process your cross-registration.
- If you do not already have an MIT Kerberos Account (MIT email username and password), complete your MIT Kerberos Account Registration at: https://accounts.mit.edu/register/. You will need the MIT ID# created at the time of your cross-registration to create your MIT account. If you don't know your MIT ID# contact the MIT Registrar's Office. MIT Kerberos Accounts are required to access MIT online systems. It will take 24-48 hours after the creation of your Kerberos account for MIT servers to update and recognize your account.
- Access the Online UROP Application System - MIT Touchstone authentication and MIT Duo two-factor authentication required. Online applications require faculty supervisor and department information, pay and/or credit details, detailed UROP proposal, etc. Note: If you completed UROP in prior terms, UROP evaluations must be submit before new applications can be submitted and approved.
- Be sure to submit your application to your faculty supervisor (Faculty Review) by the posted term application deadline for the term. Faculty and departments have additional time to review applications following the posted term deadline.
- Application questions and decisions are announced via email, so be sure to check your MIT email for communications from UROP staff.