Academic Tools & Resources
These sites provide useful information and access to resources to support students' academic endeavors.
- Academic Support: Learning support resources available to help support academic success at MIT.
- Study Tips: Tips, tools, and resources for time management, effective study skills, and test taking.
- Tutoring Options & Services: Comprehensive listing of various tutoring resources available to students - from the GIR science core to departmental subjects and online help.
- Mayfield Handbook: An MIT publication widely recognized as the best guide to technical and scientific writing.
- MIT Libraries: The MIT Libraries have comprehensive online resources to help you delve into subjects in greater detail. Check out the Libraries site for all of your reference needs. Can't find what you want? Don't know where to look? Try the Libraries' Ask Us service. Friendly librarians are waiting to help you.
- MIT OpenCourseware: Web-based publication of virtually all MIT course content.
- MIT Writing & Communication Center: Online help for many writing difficulties, from questions about grammar to matters of style. Includes concise strategies for the process of writing or public speaking, guides to proper citation and avoiding plagiarism, and links to online dictionaries.