Requirements and Policies
The links below refer to sites that explain specific requirements or cover a broad range of policies and procedures.
- Academic Integrity: Academic integrity is a fundamental requirement for everyone working in the MIT community and this site provides advice and can serve as a ready reference whenever students have a question.
- General Institute Requirements (GIRS): GIRs lay the foundation for study in academic majors. These common core of required classes for all undergraduates regardless of degree program, including the:
- Communication Requirement: Detailed information on the Requirement, how to fulfill it, and more, including course information.
- HASS Requirement: Provides information on policies, links to course descriptions, and more.
- Physical Education Requirement: One of the GIRs that students must complete during their undergraduate years at MIT.
- MIT Policies & Procedures and MIT Term Regulations: These guides for faculty and staff members may be helpful background in certain situations.