Orientation and Registration
We aim to ensure your smooth transition to life at the Institute. All students are expected to be on campus no later than 12 noon on August 26.
Note: International students must arrive earlier on either Saturday, August 17 or Sunday, August 18 for international orientation events (Monday, August 19 and Tuesday, August 20), prior to attending the broader First-Year Orientation beginning August 26. U.S. Citizens living abroad and Permanent Residents do not attend international orientation events.
All transfer students participate in First Year Orientation starting August 26. In addition, you are expected to attend transfer student-specific events staring August 27. More information will be posted over the summer.
The MIT Orientation 2019 Guidebook lists all orientation events and activities. You need to download the app & the MIT Orientation 2019 guide, available here: http://guidebook.com/guide/156090.
Sunday, August 25 (Kresge Auditorium)
6:15 pm Orientation Kickoff
Monday, August 26 (W11, Main Dining Rm)
- 2:30 Welcome and Introduction
- 3:00 Registration & Transfer Credit
- 3:30 HASS & Communication Requirement
Tuesday, August 27(W11, Main Dining Rm)
- 3:00pm UROP Presentation
- 3:30pm Financial Aid & SFS Services
- 4:00pm Student Support Services
First Year Essay Evaluation
- 4:00-6:30pm (rooms 32-141 and 32-155) The Make-up FEE is for students who have not taken the online FEE or not received a score of 5 on either the AP Language and Literature Test or the AP Literature Composition Test.
Wednesday, August 28
- 5:00pm Transfer Student Dinner (W11, Main Dining Rm)
- 6:30pm Transfer Group Photograph (Killian Court)
Thursday, August 29
- Meeting with the Undergraduate Administrator of your major department (by appointment)
Tuesday, September 3
- Registration Day, meeting with your advisor (by appointment)