Declaring Your Major
All freshmen must declare their major during the spring term of their freshman year. The process for declaring your major is outlined below.
- By Thursday, April 27 (DROP DATE): Arrange to meet with your advisor to discuss your Choice of Major decision. Every freshman is expected to either declare a major or declare him/herself to be an Undesignated Sophomore by this date.
- The Course Selection form is available for download as a PDF document. You will need to print a copy of the form and check off your departmental choice. Note that both you and your advisor must sign the form.
- Signed Course Selection forms must be submitted to the Student Services Center, room 11-120 by April 27 (DROP DATE).
- Your major declaration takes effect on June 12, 2017; the beginning of the summer term.
- Additional advice to help you explore your options is found throughout this section.
UAAP staff are also available to discuss your options with you. To make an appointment with one of us, write to email@example.com.