The following dates and events are critical this November.
- Nov. 2: UROP Deadline - Last day to submit Faculty/Dept. Paid, Credit or Volunteer UROP Applications
- Nov. 9: Women and Girls in STEM Month Akamai Mentoring Evening @ The Museum of Science; 6:00-9:00 PM
College STEM female majors and accomplished female STEM professionals are invited to participate in discussion around the possibilities and realities facing women in STEM industries. The three-part format, designed to both inspire and dispense real-world professional advice, will include a panel presentation, one-on-one discussions and opportunities to network between established women in STEM and emerging STEM professionals.If you’re interested in registering for this event, please email Meghan Kenney at email@example.com
- Nov. 15: No Flip Flops: Preparing for Winter; 5pm - dinner will be served. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Come learn about winter weather, what to wear, how to stay healthy and safe, and find things to do in the winter months! Featuring Professor Lodovica Illari from Earth, Atmospheric, and Planetary Sciences. RSVP by Tuesday, November 14th at noon. This program is highly recommended for first-year students from warmer climates - please RSVP here or send any questions to Meghan Kenney at email@example.com.
- Nov. 22: Drop Date: Make sure that you have dropped any classes that you are not attending. If you are struggling in one or more classes, talk to your advisor about the possibility of dropping one.
- Nov. 23 & 24: Thanksgiving Vacation
- Nov. 29: Last day to drop half-term subjects offered in second half of term (H2).
- Nov. 30: Returning Home: How to Navigate Family, Friends, and Community, 5:30-7:00PM in the SPXCE Intercultural Center W31-110 (DuPont Entrance). As finals quickly approach, so does the December break. For some of us, the idea of going home might bring up mixed emotions. Dinner will be served! The event will include small group discussions, a Q & A panel, as well as tips from S^3 staff about going home. If you are interested, please RSVP here: https://goo.gl/forms/VJi4dNpte55371482 and feel free to bring along a friend! Sponsored by The Office of Multicultural Programs, The Office of Undergraduate Advising and Academic Programing, Student Support Services, along with the First Generation Program