December marks the end of your first term at MIT. This page alerts you to the key dates and events critical at the end of term.
- Dec. 1: Online Pre-Registration for IAP and Spring Term begins. All students pre-register online. Be sure to talk with your advisor and associate advisor about the classes you are thinking of taking and make note of prerequisites.
- Dec. 1: Spring Planning Drop-In, 11am-1pm, 7-103. Questions about getting ready for the spring semester? Want advice on what classes to take or how to pre-register? Stop by during drop-in hours to talk with an Associate Advisor or a staff member. Snacks will be available!
- Dec. 8: Finals Prep Drop-In, 11am-1pm, 7-103. Questions about getting ready for your first set of final exams? Want advice on how to best prepare? Stop by during drop-in hours to talk with an Associate Advisor or a staff member. Snacks will be available!
- Dec. 12 & 13: SPA-Stress Prevention Activities in 7-103. Come by for some snacks, activities & time away from the stress of classes and exams!!
- Dec. 13: Last day of Fall Term classes
- Dec. 18 - 22: Fall Term Final Exams. Check the Final Examination Schedule to find out when and where your final exams will be held. Begin preparation early and create a strategy for success.
- Dec. 28: Deadline for students to initiate pre-registration without a fee.
Online Add/Drop >
Once Online Registration is submitted, all further requests to add, drop, change units, and change subject registration status are made via the Online Add/Drop application.
Subject Listing and
Titles, descriptions, instructors, times, and locations for each subject offered at MIT. Symbols mark subjects that meet various Institute requirements. Use the handy scheduling tool for pre-registration.
Your official academic record. Check often to make sure you're officially enrolled in the subjects you're attending. This is where you pre-register for each term. You can also see your grades and check your progress toward Institute requirements.