Important Dates: August
Below are critical dates for August. Please be sure to review the Critical Summer Actions and Deadlines pagefor details on all important dates for the summer.
- August 1: Fall Term Tuition Payment due.See the Student Financial Serviceswebsite for more information.
- August 1:Your MIT Orientation Registration form is due.This form not only tells us when you plan to arrive, but also whether you have any dietary preferences/food allergies.
- August 1: Submit your Emergency Contact Information form on WebSIS (mandatory). MIT needs to have your emergency information. Please discuss this with your parents or guardians and then fill out both your Personal Emergency Contact and Campus Emergency Notification (MITAlert) information on WebSIS.Re-check your information at the beginning of each term or whenever your emergency information changes.
- August 1: Housing lottery results released
- August 15:Your Online Advising Folder is available.
- August 16: Deadline to Register for the Chemistry (5.111, 5.12) Biology, Physics (8.01 & 8.02), and Math (18.01, 18.02) Advanced Standing Exams
- August 20: Deadline to register for the 6.0001 Advanced Standing Exam
- August 24: All students must check-in for Orientation by 7PM.
- August 26: Physics I (8.01) and Calculus I (18.01) Advanced Standing Exams: 8 - 11 AM.
- August 26: All first year students MUST sit for the Math Diagnostic from 2:30 - 4 pm.
- August 27: Calculus II (18.02) & Physics II (8.02) Advanced Standing Exams: 8 - 11 AM
- August 28: Chemistry (5.111) Advanced Standing Exam: 8 - 11 AM
- August 30: Biology Advanced Standing Exam: 8 - 11 AM
Online Add/Drop >
Once Online Registration is submitted, all further requests to add, drop, change units, and change subject registration status are made via the Online Add/Drop application.
Subject Listing and
Titles, descriptions, instructors, times, and locations for each subject offered at MIT. Symbols mark subjects that meet various Institute requirements. Use the handy scheduling tool for pre-registration.
Your official academic record. Check often to make sure you're officially enrolled in the subjects you're attending. This is where you pre-register for each term. You can also see your grades and check your progress toward Institute requirements.