Color Accessibility: Color Contrast - Guidelines for Choosing Colors
All external links open in new windows.
Choose colors that work for everyone
- Provide sufficient color contrast
- Do not rely on color as the sole means to convey information. Add another visual element to indicate meaning, such as an underline or an icon.
- Increase your audience
- Low vision, color blind, and aging persons can access your content
Tools to Measure Contrast
- Paciello Group Color Contrast Analyzer (Mac & Windows)
- Tanaguru (for web designers)
- WAVE comprehensive accessibility checker (with color checker)
Explanation of Effective Color Contrast